Search This Blog

Aug 7, 2008

My Philosophy

I have a strong belief that all families deserve to have a safe, nurturing and most of all an empowering birth experience. I also believe that families deserve a strong support network during pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period.

I believe that a strong team will provide the safe haven that women require in order to have a positive birth experience. I believe that the birth of a child is a gift, not a moment of crisis.

Women have the power within them to give birth to their babies and can stay strong throughout the labour period. I do promote natural labour, but I will support any method of labour intervention you may choose. I also support Breastfeeding and believe that with the right support all women have the ability to breastfeed their infants.

I believe that it is every woman's right to have a doula.

No comments: