Search This Blog

Feb 19, 2009

What Causes Uterine Fibroids?

Uterine Fibroids are tumors (i.e. swellings) of the uterine wall that are
almost always benign. They are extremely common being present in up to 40%
of women at the time of death. Just being present does not mean they cause
any problems for the woman.

The types of problems they can cause include:
bleeding problems
pain or pressure problems
problems from being so big they take up too much room in the abdomen and press on
other organs
infertility and pregnancy problems

Fibroids occur where muscle cells grow into an abnormal ball of cells that
feel like gristle in the muscle of the uterus. They start as a single cell
and can grow to the size of a full term pregnancy. There can be a single
fibroid or multiple fibroids. They can be located in different areas of the
uterus, each with different significance to the patient.

The natural history of fibroids helps us to understand our holistic
treatment protocol. Fibroids feed off estrogen hormone and tend to grow very
slowly over time. At menopause, when estrogen is very low, fibroid tumors
stop growing and sometimes reduce in size. They rarely, if ever, go away.
Thus our holistic protocol includes many things to reduce this estrogen
effect. Many of these options are based on good medical common sense, not
medical studies. This is because most of these therapies have not been
formally studied relative to fibroids.

Many tools are available in addressing fibroid tumors. For most women, a
holistic protocol can reduce symptoms and slow fibroid growth.
Fibroids completely dissolving and going away is a very unusual thing to
happen in my practice of holistic medicine.

To properly institute a holistic protocol, you should first be evaluated by
a holistic physician. Exactly what is recommended to you depends on your
specific individual situation. It depends on your age and fertility desires,
the size and number of your fibroid tumors, the location of your fibroids
and the symptoms they are causing you. Any treatment protocol should be
tailored to the individual woman's situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After many months of doctor consultations, a pelvic sonogram, and an MRI, it was concluded what

I already suspected - I had uterine fibroids. I just didn`t know how many and how huge they

were. I was given a choice to either get a hysterectomy or to "ride it out". Since neither choice

was acceptable (and the progesterone and low estrogen medications made my body feel worse), I

went in search of what I knew had to be a better way. And I found it too. Basisally it is a

combination of systemic enzymes and other food based nutrients taken together having the

effect of breaking down the fibroids and normalizing my bodily finctions - especially the heavy

bleeding that I used to have. Inspired by the revearsal of the fibroid symptoms, I wanted to

create a site that details what I researched and did to shrink these fibroids into oblivian. It took a

little time, but I feel like meself again. I invite you to visit http://www.fibroidfighters.com for a

thoroughly mapped out strategy for you to feel better too.

Anonymous said...




My advice for everyone female out there is a solution to get rid of fibroids without going through surgery.Am really grateful and thankful for what @iya_hindi_root_and_herbs has done for me and my family. I Was having Fibroids for good three years with no solution, the Fibroid almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. Please link him up on IG @iya_hindi_root_and_herbs: hindinative@yahoo.com Or whatsApp him via: +19145295224 visits his register website: https://iyahindinative.com/ I am very very happy for the great work he did !....